Well it can't be said that I am an over achiever in the blog department! I would love to be more like my friend Julie and have a beautiful and fun filled blog, but I have challenges. #1 I cant seem to do anything fun like cool back grounds or pics. try and I might, I can't get them to work. #2 I have no sense of humor, well I do try anyway. and so on and so on. I am really going to try and figure it out this year though. Its on the list of things I want to do, along with getting organized, sorting my thousands of recipes, de-cluttering the house, organizing all my scrap booking stuff. Well you get the picture. Someday! I am happy just keeping my head above water at this point.
I need to find a good recipe to share. Actually, I tried a new chex mix this year that was so easy and good. I guess I will share that for now:
Chocolate Chex Caramel Crunch
8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips or chocolate chips
1. Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
3. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth (bowl will be hot). Drizzle over snack. Refrigerate until set. Store in tightly covered container.
This was super easy and super fast. I use a lasagna dish in the microwave to cook it the three minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment