My family loves my cinnamon rolls. I make them allot! I also like to share with friends. If I could spend my days cooking and eating good food with good friends and family, I would be a happy camper. But alas calories and time don't permit me to do either. But I do indulge when I can. So here's one of my favorites to share. Make a batch and make your family or friends happy!
Connie’s Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Rolls
2 tbsp yeast
2 ½ cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
Mix these ingredients together set aside to bloom
3 cups flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup powdered milk
put into mixer with a paddle attachment, let run for 1 minute
1 cube butter (1/2 cup) melted
2 eggs
add yeast mixture
Let the mixer run on med-high for aprox 5-7mins
Add up to 4-6 more cups of white flour
the dough should be some-what sticky
Scrap dough into an oiled bowl (aprox 1 tbsp of vegetable oil), cover with a dishtowel, put into a warm place to rise. (I pre heat my oven on 100* for 5 mins, turn it off and then put my dough in there to rise, don’t use a plastic bowl if you do this!)
After the dough has risen to double its size, knead it down and divide it into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 16” circle, cut into 12 equal pie shaped wedges. Roll from the wide end to the narrow, place on a greased cookie sheet. Or divide dough into 2-3 oz portions and roll into balls. Place these rolls into a well greased ½ sheet sized cake pan. Cover and let rise again to double in size.
While the rolls are rising, pre-heat the oven to 350*. Bake the rolls until golden brown (aprox 20 mins). I rotate mine front to back half way thru the baking time. When the rolls come out brush them with melted butter.
**** for Cinnamon rolls, I divide the dough into 2 pieces. I roll each piece into a 12 x18 rectangle.
For the filling I mix the following;
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
2-3 tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
I spread 6 tbsp butter on the dough and the generously sprinkle on the filling.
The filling should go clear to both ends and to the front edge. I leave about an 1” empty strip at the back edge. Then roll tightly, but not too tightly! Pinch the seam when the roll is complete. Divide into 12-16 rolls, this depends on the size you want them. Put the rolls into a well greased 9x13 pan. Cover with a towel again and raise until double. Bake in a 375* oven for 15-25 minutes, until brown.
Allow the rolls to cool 5 minutes; then add the glaze, Recipe as follows.
3 cups powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter
4-6 tbsp milk
Mix until well blended. It should not be to thin, but not too thick either. Dollop a heaping tbsp on each roll, and allow to melt over the top.
1 comment:
Sounds so yummy, too bad I'm dieting, too!
Post a Comment