Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monkey see...Monkey do!!!

Mikey is 17 mos old and pretty darn smart if you ask me and I am not at all bias:0) I think all of my grandbabies are pretty darn amazing, and will someday rule the world.
Case in point;
Mike has finally learned to open door's even with child safety devices on them, so I had to start locking my bedroom door. He really wants to be in there for some reason. Anyway, I had Copper over the other day. He was having a play date with Casey, but got tired and was napping on my bed, Cody's side of course, it's his favorite. The door bell rang and I thought it was Annie. So I went to the book shelf to find the nail clippers I use to un-lock the door (another story), but they weren't there. I ran into the family room and got a set of Mr. Potato head glasses and un-locked the door with them. Well as it turns out it wasn't Annie, so we went back to the family room. Mike was acting tired and it was near nap time, so I asked him if he wanted to go nighty-nighty. He kinda of seemed interested, but wandered off. I wanted to hold him off a bit so he would nap better so I went on with what I was doing. A minute later I hear him rummaging in the potato head drawer and then I hear him run into the hall. All's quite for a second, and the I hear a funny clicking sound and baby grunting. I sneak around the corner to find him using the glasses to "un-lock" the door. He was really proud of him self when the door opened (I hadn't re-locked it) I laughed so hard. There were several pairs of glasses laying around on the floor too! It was so cute I had to take pic's.
So lesson learned! He's a sponge and we better watch our P's and Q's!














3 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey Connie! We meet again. :) That is so funny about Mikey. It is so amazing how smart these little guys are! I am just in awe when Gabriel does things like that. They are always watching!!

Bob and Julie said...

Oh my goodness...he is a clever one!! I love all the glasses laying on the floor...total crack up! But,most of all I was laughing at YOU and the nail clippers...and your brilliant thought for potato-head glasses!!! Ha!! Where did that come from? Connie, you are seriously so fun and cute!

[.kt.] said...

That kid is a hoot for sure!! :]