Monday, January 12, 2009

Middle of the night Visitor...And not invited either!



On Christmas Morning at 5am I got up to put my laundry in the dryer. I noticed the dog door flapping and the outside light on (motion sensor-ed). I was puzzled because the inside door was closed to the laundry room, so I knew it wasn't Casey. I got a little freaked out when I looked t the towel we put in front of the door to keep the wet foot prints at bay and saw a little critter paw print. I then realized the dog food lid was knocked off and a few other things were askew! I had interrupted a raccoon having a little Christmas Dinner. I was a little freaked, but a few other things that had happened over the last few made sense now. I found a hole in the dog food bag I hadn't put in the can. We thought the dogs had done it, but I think a little critter was there before too. So we started putting the lock in the dog door and all was good. But after a few weeks, we got lazy and quit.



Well last night we had a return visit, and the little guy went all the way into the pantry! He found a nice bag of English Muffins and had a snack. I was so worried he was still in the house, but Cody assures me he left. Now through all of this where is the Big Black dog you say? Well he's all comfy in Katie's room under the blankets sleeping with her. He's not going to be anymore, I'm locking him in the laundry room and hopefully he'll scare away the Raccoon for good! I'm all for Heavenly Father's creatures having their space, but they can't have mine. This little guy's got to go one way or the other!

1 comment:

Bob and Julie said...

Oh my gosh....those little guys are so dang smart. It's only cute and amazing to me because it's not my house they entered. That is freaky!! Your dog is so funny...some guard dog he is!! :) Maybe I should send over Toby. He barks at ANY noise he hears...even if it's just the garbage truck outside. Annoying!! Good luck!!