Sunday, June 3, 2007

He's...Back....!!!

Ben's on his way home for the summer. I am really excited to see him. He and his friend will have to stay in the trailer, as there is no room in the inn! I am super stressed out about girls camp and the baby shower. I don't have a handle on either of them. I also have to have dental surgery next week. I may lose whats left of my mind before then. I can't figure out how to get a picture up on the blog. My computer skills are rotten. I'll keep trying. Looks like it will be another hot one today. I am going to make two batches of cinnamon rolls for my girls camp meeting today. I hope bribery works, and I get all the drivers I need.

This is a good recipe if you like Cinnamon rolls!

Cinnabons

2 scant tbsp yeast
2 1/2 cups very warm water
2 tbsp sugar
1 9 oz yellow cake mix (Jiffy)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
5 - 6 cups flour

Proof the yeast water and sugar until foamy, add the rest of the ingredients and knead for 6-10 minutes. Put into a well oiled bowl and let raise until double in size. Punch down the dough and roll out in to a large rectangle. Spread with:

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp cinnamon

roll up and cut into 1 1/2 in slices, and put into well greased cake pan. This recipe will make 2- 9 x13 pans of cinnamon rolls, with 12 in each pan.

Frosting

4 - 5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2-3 tbsp milk

Beat all of the ingredients until smooth. You can add chopped nuts to the top of the rolls after frosting them.

No comments: