Friday, September 12, 2008

Zucchini, Zucchini...everywhere

I have baked 20 loaves of zucchini bread over the last two weeks. I have three left. The kids love it and I have sent it to my Vt's and to the kids to take to work. I love the recipe I have and I make about 6 loaves at a time.

Moist Zucchini Bread

1 cup butter
1 cup oil
1 cup apple sauce
6 cups packed brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
3 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
9 cups grated zucchini
9 cups flour
1-2 cup nuts optional

beat the eggs and the fats until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and zucchini. Sift together the salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. mix with the wet ingredients well. Add the nuts if desired. Divide this mixture evenly into 6 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325* for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Until a pick comes out clean. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bob and Julie said...

I'm seriously going to try this...I LOVE all your recipes!! Our garden is kind of a loser this year...but, I have enough for 1 loaf at least :)