Friday, September 19, 2008

Could there really be death by Chocolate!

I would be the first in line. I am a definite chocoholic :0). I should find a better hobby but o'well. I tried this new recipe yesterday and it is yum and so easy. I had to hid it so I wouldn't pick it to death today.


Decadent chocolate Fudge torte

1 chocolate cake mix ( I used a Duncan Hines triple chocolate)
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs.

Mix, and bake as directed in a pam sprayed 9x13 pan. Turn out on a rack and cool. When cool cut into cubes. Put into a large mixing bowl. I used my kitchen aide.

16 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter

In a sauce pan heat the cream until the butter is melted and it comes to just boil. turn off the heat and add the chocolate. This creates a Ganache Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Let set 15-20 minutes. To the large bowl of cake cubes, add 1 1/3 cups of the Ganache, then beat with a mixer until the consistency of fudge.

Line a 9 inch spring form pan (or a regular 9" cake pan) with plastic wrap. Press the fudgy cake mixture into the pan tightly. Fold the plastic wrap over the top. Freeze for 1 hour. Un-mold the cake onto a serving plate. Top with the remaining Ganache. If needed, gently re-heat the Ganache on a low heat until smooth and runny again. Spread over the top and let it run down the sides also. After it is coated, store in the fridge. I served mine with whip cream, heck why not. You only live once! LOL
it make 12-16 servings, and I am not even going to try and guess the calories!

1 comment:

Tammy and Mike said...

HEADS UP!!!I am going to be checking in on you from time to time. I plan on making every single one of your recipes. Hope you are all doing well. We miss not being in the Beaver Creek ward anymore. See ya around. Tammy
Come on over to our sight to see pictures of our newest Gates!
thegatesupdate.blogspot.com