I was able to go to 2 cooking classes at the "Oregonian Culinary Institute" with Calvin and Katie. It was a blast! I learned to make Tamales, and sauces. I also learned to make fresh Pasta and Mozzarella cheese. The best part I think was just being able to spend time with my kids. Cal and Katie will be leaving to go on their internships in the next month or so. I am happy for them both, but I am already missing them. This will be the first time having Katie leave home, so that is really a scarey and sad feeling for me. I guess I need to let the little birdie fly the nest though.
I wish I had taken the camera and had pictures to share. I didn't think of it till later. I really enjoy learning new things about cooking, so this was fun. I have actually made Tamales and Gnocchi at home. I am going to make Rojo and verdes sauce this week end. I will have good memories everytime I make these things. I know they'll be back, but it's never the same is it!
1 comment:
That sounds really fun. What a creative and interesting thing to do. The kiddies look cute in their chef jackets....where are you?? I think since you now have all these skills.....it must be time for you to make me something :) Or wait....you're a professional now...I have to "hire" you. What do you charge?? Or do I hear "enrichment night" blowing through those trees over there?? :) Love ya Connie!
Post a Comment