Monday, February 2, 2009

We're Heathens here...We celebrate the Super Bowl!

Okay those of you that know us would think we are good church going people. But when it comes to football on Sunday, well the buck stops there. We'd be glad if they change the day to Saturday or Thursday, but alas its played on Sunday, so its a party at my house! I don't want to give you the wrong impression of me either! I don't actually watch the game. I am the food lady. I provide the nourishment to get through the whole ordeal! Although I did catch a few glimpses of half time this year and I watched the end of the game. I wanted the Steeler's to win, but only because that's my brothers favorite team. I was a lone dissenter in the crowd, cheering for the wrong team here. Obviously I wasn't given the memo on who we were going for, so it wasn't my fault. I slaved on a fabulous spread (even if I do say so myself), also breaking the Sabbath. We had meatballs, Chex mix, cookies, bean dip, spinach dip, fresh guacamole, artichoke dip, chips, bread, pepper poppers, buffalo chicken bites, chocolate (for me), and stuffed mushrooms. I spent a good month go through my recipes and watching food network for new Ideas. I was going to make this a holiday like no other. It's really funny too...'cause I actually think people celebrate it like Christmas and New Years. Well, anyway this is how the big game looked at our house. Please forgive us, and say an extra prayer of forgiveness for us. We really are a good bunch.






3 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

The only thing to ask for forgiveness for is that you didn't invite me!!! Totally fun! I especially love the Intel 3-D glasses. Keep my hubby going with a job!!

Diddlz said...

GO SAINTS!!!!

[.kt.] said...

I was going for the steelers to :]